Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oatmeal Rolls

Okay, here's what I like to make and you can pretty much take away and modify to flavors you prefer. I used coconut oil for my binder- it just tastes better. Some use xanthan gum to bind (no taste).

1/4 C dried cherries
1/4 C oatmeal (GF oatmeal, I pre-pulverize it in the food processor so it's like a flour)
1/4 C pitted dates
1/4 C almonds/pumpkin seeds- whatever you prefer to give it that crunch
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I like to use a pinch rather than a full 1/2 tsp)
1 tbsp honey (can omit or replace with 1 tsp coconut sugar)
1/4 C coconut oil, melted (when it chills, it will re-solidify) (can omit)

I mix the oatmeal and melted coconut oil immediately- the oatmeal just needs to soak and bind with the CO.

Honestly, after the cinnamon, you can stop there, but I add the other two for the sweet factor- while I'm working on getting away from the processed crud. I just bought coconut sugar about 2 weeks ago, and feel like I'd replace the honey with that (i love coconut).

Now, put ALL ingredients in the food processor. You'll get a nice, thick blend. Pour onto a wax sheet and begin to make a log. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. I put them in snack bags and freeze them.

They're great frozen, great dethawed... and soooo much cheaper than those organic health bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment